Monday 14 November 2016

November Update and Plans for the Year Ahead



It's been a busy year for me, and if all goes to plan I'll probably be looking at an even busier one in 2017. To keep things simple, I'm rounding up a few important projects and events that I think my readers might find informative.

- The John Paul Jones project continues to get my main focus. You can see the work in progress on the cover above, which should give you a general idea of what I'm going for with the comic. My target for completion remains March, but the total workload is unclear at this point, so I can't work to a specific deadline just yet.

- I'll be posting a new two part short story some time before Christmas. This is my first real attempt at writing something emotional without genre trappings, and it's also features a first person narrator, which I haven't used in the longest time. Keep your eyes open.

- An Obscure Comic of the Month Special Edition will be arriving in November, and like last year I'll be taking a break from the column for December and January to make time for Dishonored 2 family commitments and festivities.

- I'll have a short story appearing in the Buff Babes Zine Volume three. No specifics on when it'll be out but you can find more information here. I'll be posting more details here as they arrive.

- A follow up to The Reminiscence of Good King Carnack will be coming from Less Than Three some time next year, however there's no ETA on that just yet so, again, when I've got more details I'll be posting them here.

- I'm planning on attending Toronto Comic Con in March. My original plan involved getting a table there and promoting my stuff, but I realised that doing a table at a con for the first time would probably be better reserved for a smaller, more familiar convention. That being said, I do plan to use the con to connect and speak to other writers and artists.

- Speaking of Cons, I plan on attending several in 2017 to plug my stuff. Minimum I want to make is three, maximum five. This is my main focus for 2017, so expect to see a lot of updates.

- My thoughts on the EU Referendum have been no secret, and likewise I have been deeply affected by the current Election results. Expect my writing to get more explicitly political going forward. If you're here for pure escapism, well, my writing has never been that, but it'll be even less so from now on.

- One more reminder, you can buy my Tales of The Modern Realms Anthology here, and The Reminiscence of Good King Carnack ebook here. I greatly appreciate it.

And that's about everything for now. For smaller updates and off the cuff thoughts, you can always find me on Tumblr, Twitter and Deviantart.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: