Saturday 26 May 2018

May Update and Dispatches from Toronto





Things seem to finally start gaining momentum again, so I just thought I'd post an update with what I've been up to and what's to come. The bulk of this month had been taken up with preparing for and attending the Toronto Comics Art Festival, which was a great experience and a valuable resource for my professional work. I got to meet and talk to a bunch of creators I highly respect, and you can read about that in some of the shout-outsI gave on twitter here.

With that out of the way, here's how things are going at the moment:

  • I've got a third Ebook coming out in July, following on from both The Reminiscence of Good King Carnack and The Scars of Jocasta Lacroix. It's called The Reflections of Zantir Xanderfell, and like the others it's a fantasy story that concerns a character looking back on their earlier life and reflecting on how their experiences have changed them. You can take a look at the listing here.
  • I'll be at Sheffield Comic Con August 18th - 19th selling copies of Tales of the Modern Realms and hopefully some prints.
  • In case you missed it I recently posted a new illustrated short story, The Time We Take. This one is a science fiction story that was originally written for a zine that never got finished, so I've expanded it and released it here.
  • I'm planning on doing a few more pieces of artwork and another illustrated short story before I return to work on the John Paul Jones Comic. The project really got knocked back thanks to the problems last year, so I'm giving it some breathing room before getting back to it.
  • Speaking of artwork I've been really pushing to improve lately, you can see some of my efforts below.

 

 


Beyond that I'm going to keep writing and drawing and working on things. As ever you can support my by checking out my books here and here, and follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Cheers, and that's all for now.

No comments: