Friday 24 December 2021

Jack's End of Year Update

 Wow, 2021 sucked huh?

Here's a quick update on where things stand, regards to both my current projects and my health.

- Recovery is going well for the tendonitis in my wrists, but I'm not quite there yet, with some occasional deterioration happening with my left, which is my writing and drawing hand. I've been tentatively getting back into writing and drawing but I'm trying to be careful and not set anything off again, so it's slow going.

- I'm still waiting for the NHS referral for a physiotherapist to come through. In the meantime, I've been trying to secure an appointment at a private clinic, with no such luck as yet.

- While my hands have been getting better, I've since come down with a string of back pains that, while manageable, make it difficult to just lean back and get into the flow of things. I reckon this is due to the back going bust in my old office chair that I use in my day job.

- I'm waiting for a works assessment referral to be done to establish if the problem is indeed the chair, and if so sorting out a recommended replacement. Nobody has got back to me on this as yet, so if there isn't more news when I return to work in Jan then I'm going to ring the doctors and see what they say.

- All in all, I'm not doing too great, but I'm trying to be productive.

As for my projects:

- For those who didn't see, Obscure Comic of the Month is back. This was a series of columns I used to write, taking a look at lesser known comics. I figured this would a nice simple project to get back on my feet, and plan on keeping it going as long as I can.

- The Illustrated Guide to Drinking Beer, is, as mentioned previously, ready to go to print, but with the time I've had while my wrists recovered I've made plans to add a few more pages, so when I'm feeling better I want to put more work into it.

- I had the next instalment of Sea of Spheres partly done when the tendonitis first hit. I want to get back to it as soon as I can, so if things improve as they are, I hope It'll be done soon.

- I decided to turn the Star Wars pitch I wrote earlier this year into a full fledged screenplay. It's about three quarters done, and I want to commission an artist to do a mock poster for it. More news when it's nearly done.

- I've commissioned an artist to work on a short Warhammer 40k comic. I don't want to give too many details away yet to give the artist all the time they need.


All in all, 2021 was a high contender for worst year of my life. Here's hoping 2022 can salvage something.


Stay Safe.

No comments: