Saturday 6 August 2022

Jack's August Update


As ever, projects have been ticking along smoothly, but I thought it was time for an update to clarify the state of things.

However, before we get into what I'm working on, I just want to explain why things might be slowing down for a bit. The tendonitis in my left hand has flared up again, to the point where I might have to take it out of action again.

What this means is that I'm finding it difficult to do artwork or any writing for long periods of time. I want to try and keep up with things, but if it gets any worse over the next few weeks, I'll have to put most of my projects on hold until it improves again.

The upside is that my right hand is still fine. I won't be able to bang out any long form writing, but comic scripts should be manageable. Obscure Comic of the Month should continue as normal.

On that note, on with the updates.

- The West Coast Minicon was a resounding success, and I never expected so many people would show up for a con in such a small town. It sounds as though another convention might be in the works for later this year, so I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

- A fresh Sea of Spheres story is already 'in the can' and I'm currently discussing the artwork with Windlass, so expect that to go up some time later this year.

- I'm also working on a short comic with art by SLAM! which you can see a sneak look at above. I'm really excited for this one and looking forward to getting it out of the gate.

- Like last year, I'm planning on going to Harrogate Thought Bubble in November. I won't have a table or anything, just going for a wander around, but I am eager to talk shop with other creators there.

That's about all for now. More info as and when it comes through, and you can keep up with more of my stuff by following me on Twitter.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: